Our lives have become more convenient and easy thanks to food delivery apps. These apps had a meteoric rise in popularity during the pandemic. They provide consumers a broader selection, free home delivery alternatives, and numerous other benefits, making ordering from our favorite restaurants much more inexpensive.
Mobile apps have become dependable partners for everything from paying bills to placing phone orders for groceries, making food delivery successful and accessible. Ordering meals has become simple and convenient thanks to on-demand food delivery applications offering attractive discounts and incentives.
10 best food delivery service apps
Swiggy began as an online meal delivery service, but it now includes lets users order groceries, meat, necessities for the day, and home goods. Through Swiggy Genie, the app is working toward becoming a complete pickup and delivery service that enables users to send or receive anything at any time.
Model of Business:
1: Market (Restaurant partners, Supermarket partners, and delivery partners) 2. the purchase and shipping Model
Swiggy's revenue model: How does it generate income?
- Adds a commission to each order
- Charges clients for delivery
- By way of Priority Grocery/Restaurant Listing
What is Swiggy's process?
- A customer looks into the possibilities for restaurants or supermarkets based on what he needs to order food, groceries, or daily necessities.
- He makes the necessary product selections and places the order.
- If a customer orders food, the relevant restaurant receives the request and prepares the order. Additionally, the associated supermarket qualifies the order if a consumer orders groceries or other daily household supplies.
Customers can use Zomato to order meals online or look out for the best restaurants and eateries in their neighborhood if they want to eat out. On the Zomato app or website, users can also access restaurant information such as the menu, dining and online ordering ratings and reviews, photographs, contact information, and map directions. They can even reserve a table in advance online. Zomato also offers contactless dining and meal delivery options.
- The market (restaurants, kitchens, and delivery companies)
- The model of order and delivery
Know More: Business model of Zomato| Complete Guide
Zomato's revenue model: How does it generate income?
- Every order is subject to a commission fee from the restaurants
- By use of restaurant marketing
- By using Zomato Pro ( a subscription plan that offers additional discounts and offers to the pro members)
- via Zomato's kitchen (Zomato provides the infrastructure to restaurants and food businesses for operating the cloud kitchens)
What is Zomato's Process?
- On Zomato, users may order food online with the option of delivery or pickup and reserve a table at a restaurant for dine-in service.
- The restaurant receives the notification and prepares the order when a consumer places an online order from their preferred eatery.
- The customer's order would be picked up from the restaurant and delivered to their door if they selected the delivery option on Zomato. The consumer would pick up the food from that eatery in the alternative.
Uber has released a food delivery app that enables customers to order food from their preferred nearby eateries. Additionally, Uber Eats provides some fantastic services for businesses. They have the choice to place a group order and have fewer delivery people enter their office by using a shared cart. Additionally, companies can provide refreshments to their clients or staff during virtual meetings by sending them a gift card or voucher.
The order and delivery model is based on the marketplace (restaurant partners and driver providers).
UberEats's revenue model: How does it function?
- Restaurant partners must pay a commission on each order they get.
- Customer delivery fees.
- By paying for restaurant marketing and advertising
- Through Customer Surge Charges (ex. In busy hours)
The operation of Uber Eats.
- A patron looks over the menus of the restaurants featured.
- Makes the purchase
- The restaurant takes the order and prepares it.
- An Uber Eats delivery partner delivers the requested meal at the location.
More than only meal delivery is available. Users can order necessities from various categories using this on-demand product delivery platform (food, drinks, alcohol, grocery, cleaning, baby stuff, pet stuff, bath & beauty, etc.)
- Product markup: GoPuff is a direct seller, distinguishing its business model from most other delivery services. GoPuff purchases the goods, store them and then sells them to customers directly from their stock. On the other hand, the other delivery services pick up the order from the other stores or restaurants and deliver it to the clients.
- Gopuff partners with drivers to deliver orders.
What is the revenue model for GoPuff?
- Since Gopuff owns everything offered on the platform, it profits from every item sold.
- For each order, GoPuff charges customers a flat shipping fee of $1.95. If alcohol is included in the order, an extra fee of up to $2 is applied.
- By way of GoPuff Fam (it is a subscription service that offers free delivery and other perks to the customers)
- Through Advertising or Affiliate Program: Companies wishing to advertise on the site must pay the price.
What Does a Gopuff Do?
- A consumer looks through the products and adds what they need to the shopping cart.
- After that, the order is placed.
- The order is picked up by the goDrive driver-partner and delivered to the customer's address after leaving the micro-fulfillment center.
It is a grocery delivery service that enables users to order food online and deliver it to their doorstep, including fresh fruit, beverages, alcohol, dairy products, meat, seafood, frozen foods, baked goods, and more.
- Marketplace (grocery store partners and shoppers)
- Shoppers are people who shop for other people's groceries and deliver them to the customer's selected location.
What is the revenue model for Instacart?
- Adds a shipping cost to every order
- Adds a pickup fee to orders for in-store pickup.
- Through service charges (which vary depending on the location, the quantity/type of the items in the order, etc.). Alcohol-related orders come with additional service charges.
- Through Instacart Express (a membership program that charges clients a cheaper service price and nil delivery fee on purchases above $35).
What is Instacart's Process?
- The consumer decides which store to purchase the required food items.
- After choosing the pickup or delivery option and adding the items to the cart, the user places the order.
- A personal shopper would locate and choose the items from the retailer the consumer has selected if they opt for delivery. The customer would then receive it at their door from the shopper. If an in-store pickup option is available, the consumer may also pick up the order from the store.
It is convenient for placing a takeaway or delivery food order from one of your area's countless restaurants and menus. The best part is that you may even take advantage of sales and discounts on some of your favorite delivery services.
- Market (Restaurants and delivery partners)
- Grubhub initially used an order-only business model, but as of 2014, it also offers an order and delivery approach.
What is Grubhub's business model for revenue?
1 . Charges a commission on each order 2 . Charges a commission on each order 3. Allows restaurants to advertise on the platform
How does Grubhub function?
- A customer looks through the menu at their preferred eatery.
- Places the food item ordered
- The order is prepared and packed by the restaurant.
This app delivers food, groceries, and cleaning supplies to customers' doorsteps.
- Marketplace (Partners in restaurants, stores, and delivery)
- The order and delivery Model
The Foodpanda revenue model: How does it work?
- Every order is subject to a commission fee, and a partnership registration fee is collected.
- Charges customers for delivery fees
- Via restaurant and retail advertising
How does Foodpanda operate?
- The customer chooses the things from their preferred store.
- Makes the purchase
- After that, the restaurant/store prepares the order.
- Foodpanda's delivery services pick up and deliver the order.
Customers can order from their preferred local and chain restaurants using this delivery app, or they can get groceries, snacks, booze, and other necessities and have them delivered right to their door. Customers can schedule deliveries and choose no-contact delivery options.
- Marketplace (store partners and driving partners; Doordash refers to them as dashers)
- The purchase and delivery Model
What is the revenue model for Doordash?
- Partners are charged a commission for each order.
- Charges customers for delivery fees
- By utilizing a Dashpass subscription
The operation of Doordash.
- The customer chooses and orders the goods from his preferred retailer. Making Payments
- The order is then ready by the shop.
- Doordash dashers (drivers or delivery partners) handle order pickup and delivery.
It is more than simply a food delivery app; it also gives users the option of receiving groceries.
- Marketplace (joint venture partners with restaurants and food retailers, grocery store partners, and delivery partners)
- the purchase and shipping Model
What is the revenue model for Deliveroo?
- Receives a commission for each order placed via this website. Two. Using Deliveroo Plus ( it is a subscription plan offering additional benefits to the customers)
- Using Deliveroo for Business ( Allow businesses to place group orders with their team)
- Charges customers for delivery fees
What exactly does Deliveroo do?
For Dining Out/Food Orders
- A customer chooses on the app their preferred eatery.
- After that, they can decide whether to order for pickup or takeout, place an order with delivery, or reserve a table in the restaurant.
- The restaurant prepares the order if it is picked up or delivered.
Orders for groceries
- A customer orders groceries from their preferred retailer.
- Next, they decide between store pickup and delivery.
- The food store receives the notification of the order.
Customers may choose their favorite dishes and create a weekly meal plan with this food delivery app, which then delivers pre-measured supplies and recipes to their door so they can prepare nutritious home-cooked meals.
- An eCommerce subscription model or SaaS-based subscription model
- Important Partners - Expert chefs, food suppliers, and delivery partners
Hellofresh's business model for generating revenue
- Charges consumers a weekly subscription charge based on their order frequency and how frequently they order meals each week.
- Requires clients to pay a delivery fee.
The operation of Hellofresh.
- Based on the desired meals/recipes, meal size (per the number of people), and the number of meals/recipes required per week, the customer chooses a weekly meal plan.
- After choosing an appropriate delivery time, they order the recipe box.
Apps that deliver food have rapidly gained popularity. Calling a restaurant to talk with the host is no longer necessary. Ordering food was always a hassle, whether waiting on hold endlessly or shouting it above the loud background noise.
Due to the overwhelming popularity of these online food delivery apps, owners of restaurants and other eating establishments are motivated to commission the creation of a unique app for their establishment. Do you intend to introduce a local food delivery app as well? If so, you can get in touch with us at AppsRhino.
What are you waiting for then? Contact us right now! And be prepared to offer your clients the most excellent meal delivery services!