It is hard to keep up with all the tasks in today's fast-paced life. People are striving hard to strike a balance between their work lives and personal lives. Amidst the busy schedules, finding time for all the household chores becomes tough. Taking out time for something as time-consuming as laundry is not everyone's cup of tea, nor is it necessary nowadays. Thanks to ever-evolving technology, people have multiple on-demand laundry apps at their disposal.
On-demand laundry apps are the talk of the town now. The worldwide on-demand laundry app business had profitable growth of $104.28 in 2021 and is predicted to increase at a 7.4 percent annual pace of $141.58 in 2026. An on-demand laundry app not only rescues people from additional chores but also opens new avenues for laundry businesses. The on-demand laundry app market is growing fast as people love this concept.
Since there is increased demand, the competition is increasing. With many on-demand laundry apps already on the market, it is a task to establish something new. To make sure your on-demand laundry app stands out, you must include the features users strive for.
How dos an on-demand laundry app work?
There are four significant steps involved in the working of an on-demand laundry app:
- The customer places a request
- The service provider picks up the dirty laundry.
- The laundry is washed
- The service provider delivers the laundry back to the customer
Why businesses should invest in an on-demand laundry app?
On-demand Laundry app development services compete for a large market share with other apps, which is why businesses are eager to invest in this field. Statista's report also shows that the total sales in the on-demand laundry app industry rose to 10.8% in 2021.
Basic Features of an On-demand Laundry App
An on-demand laundry app should have the following three basic panels to ensure smooth working.
1. User Panel: This space is dedicated to the users. Here they can find the laundry service types and charges, track their order status, and make payments.
2. Service Provider's Panel: This panel is from where the service provider can manage the work. He can see and receive orders and manage profiles and the laundry charges.
3. Admin Panel: The on-demand laundry app features for the admin panel must be well-planned and assist them in maintaining the proper operation of your app.
Advanced Features for your On-demand Laundry App
Apart from the basic panels, there need to be some advanced features to ensure an excellent user experience for your customers.
- Push Notifications
- In-app Messaging
- Payment Options
Development Cost of an On-demand Laundry App
Generally, there is no fixed cost for developing an on-demand laundry app. It varies depending on the features and services the business wants in its app. The cost of developing an on-demand laundry app with the essential functionalities is expected to be between $25,000 and $50,000.
How does an on-demand delivery app work?
Before looking for the must-have features for your on-demand laundry app, you should understand how such an app works. Knowing your on-demand laundry app inside-out is possible only when you know its particulars. You can hire the most suitable app development team only when you understand what you are looking for. Here is how an on-demand laundry app works:
Step 1: The customer places a request
The user would first place a request on your on-demand laundry app. They can then schedule the pickup time and drop-off day and time. This way, they can get their dirty laundry picked up and washed when they are comfortable.
Step 2: Laundry Pickup
The laundry service provider shows up on the scheduled day and time to pick up the dirty laundry. They carry bags with them to keep the laundries from different customers separately.
Step 3: Laundry is Washed
The laundry is then taken to the washing stations. The service provider's staff ensures the laundry is washed under appropriate conditions. The washing takes place according to the schedules based on delivery dates. After the laundry dries, it is folded and put into a bag near the ready-to-deliver area. Our on-demand laundry app development team emphasizes the sanitary and sanitized settings that ensure the laundry supplied is ready to use.
Step 4: Laundry drop-off
After the laundry is done, it is delivered back to the customer on the scheduled day and time.
Why businesses should invest in an On-demand Laundry App
On-demand Laundry app development services compete for a large market share with other apps, which is why businesses are eager to invest in this field. According to Statista, the laundry care segment generated around $100 765 million in sales in 2022, and the market is expected to grow at 3.785 CAGR between 2022 and 2026. Compared to the global segments, the United States generates the most revenue.
Statista's report also shows that the total sales in the on-demand laundry app industry rose to 10.8% in 2021. The US on-demand laundry app market will be worth $193,100 million in 2022, with a 3.8 percent growth rate.
On-Demand Laundry App Features
AppsRhino, an on-demand laundry app development firm, that incorporates GPS with your goods to ensure no time is wasted locating pickup and drop sites. Apart from this, there are various must-have features for your on-demand laundry app. Let us have a look at them.
1) Customer Panel
The most important stakeholder of your on-demand laundry app is your customers. Customers who invest time and money in your on-demand laundry app expect a lot from you. And so, to stand up to those expectations, your customer panel should be 11/10. The functions of the customer panel are
2. Searching nearby areas: It enables the user to locate laundry service providers close to their current location, allowing them to obtain the services in the shortest amount of time. With GPS integration, your customers can be sure that the solutions they receive will take the least time. The shorter the time, the more pickups and earnings for your on-demand laundry app.
3. Select Service Type: Users can select the relevant laundry alternatives, such as washing, ironing, or dry-cleaning. They can also look at the price table to see if it fits their budget. With an estimated cost, the user of your on-demand laundry app can decide whether or not to have a particular service. This part of the consumer panel makes things easy and smooth for them.
4. Scheduling date and time: Users can choose the pickup and delivery dates according to availability.
5. Placing the order: After assessing all the other aspects, the user can place a request for their laundry.
6. Tracking the status: Users can track the laundryman's location and advise him on the best route to reduce delivery time. Once the order has been validated, the user can check the progress of the orders. They can then determine whether their orders have been processed or remain in the queue.
7. Payment: The users of your on-demand laundry app can choose their preferred payment method. They may pay online through cards or PayPal or can opt for COD.
2) Service Provider Panel
There are some basic features that the service provider's (your) panel should have
1. Login/Sign up: Like the user panel, the laundry person can log in/Sign up to the on-demand laundry app using an email or contact number.
2. Check and Manage Profile: This part allows the service provider to view his profile and requests that he has received and is waiting on his account.
3. Manage laundry charges: He can pick and manage the charges based on the number of clothing received and the services specified.
4. View Order Request: The laundry person can view all his requests. He can decline or accept the request based on the number of pending orders.
3) Admin Panel
The on-demand laundry app features for the admin panel must be well-planned and assist them in maintaining the proper operation of your app. The admin is responsible for keeping an eye on the service provider and the clients to verify that the results supplied are perfect.
1. Laundry Man Management: This category manages the activities assigned to all laundrymen associated with certain laundry service providers.
2. User Management: All users who have ordered laundry services, including washing, ironing, and dry-cleaning, are tracked.
3. Laundry Category Manager: For different departments, a manager is allocated to each division for further processing the request.
4. Payment Management: The Admin stores and manages all payment transactions via digital networks and COD.
5. Analytics: The type of service, user, charges, and the total number of users are tracked.
On-demand Laundry App Features (Advanced)
Apart from the basic features we just discussed, there are some advanced features your on-demand laundry app must have to make the user experience exceptional.
1. Push Notifications: Push Notifications play a significant role in keeping your on-demand laundry app in people's minds. When the users receive updates without having to open the app, it becomes easier for them to keep track. You can send service updates or inform them about offers and discounts through the notification system. Moreover, they act as reminders and increase the chances of building a loyal customer base.
2. In-app Messaging: The messaging system creates a bridge between the users and the service provider. The users can easily communicate with the service provider or the delivery person when needed. The delivery person too can make use of this feature. Suppose they need to make a delivery and they're not sure about the location of the customer's residence; he can message them for guidance.
3. Payment Options: This is one of the most efficient and successful techniques to attract users. The split payment option allows customers to make payments using several transaction modes. Users can make some payments online and the remainder by a different method. Incorporating this feature into the app is an excellent approach to encouraging people to use the services.
Development Cost of On-demand Laundry App
Generally, there is no fixed cost for developing an on-demand laundry app. It varies depending on the features and services the business wants in its app. Considering the overall cost before beginning the on-demand laundry app development is crucial.
Some factors that influence the overall cost of on-demand laundry app development are as follows:
- The App Platform (Android or iOS).
- App Development Company
- App Complexity
- Structure of the Team and Technology Stack
The cost of developing an on-demand laundry app with the essential functionalities is expected to be between $25,000 and $50,000. Depending on the elements mentioned above, this projected cost can change, so you must decide on these important factors before calculating overhead expenses.
The reason behind the popularity of on-demand apps is the convenience they offer. All users have to do is tap the screen a few times, and bingo, the work is done! An on-demand laundry app would provide the users with all the services they need at the comfort of their doorsteps. Investing in an on-demand laundry app is a smart move, and the stats that we mentioned above are enough to prove this.
With the growing demand for on-demand laundry apps, there is fierce competition in the market. If you want to enter this industry, you need an advanced and high-performing on-demand laundry app with a lot of features. AppsRhino can help you with that. As a leading on-demand app development firm, we have a team of highly experienced developers with experience in creating effective mobile apps. Come to us with the assurance that we will aid you from your on-demand laundry app concept to market launch.