Agriculture is an essential activity. It is the only way humans can satisfy their hunger, gain energy, and keep working daily. Though we gain food from agricultural activities and sustain ourselves, farmers get more than just-food. They earn their livelihoods from farming.
Today, there are more than 750 million farms globally, and the families of farmers operate them. With so many farmers engaged in the farming industry, we will get food. Still, it is different for the families dependent on farming for their livelihoods. It doesn't guarantee that people will buy every farmer's produce, which leads to some of them being unable to make ends meet. And not every farmer can grow good crops.
Some face issues with unpredictable weather conditions, and some do not know which medicine to use to treat their damaged crops.
To combat such competition in agriculture, farmers can employ agriculture apps. Whether only one person operates the field or the whole family, agriculture apps make the activity a lot easier by integrating technology into farming.
It doesn't matter if you own a Dairy farm, Poultry farm, Pig farm, or any other, as agriculture apps will help you automate everything. These apps can aid you in using your equipment efficiently regardless of your farm.
So, to survive the competition and safeguard your livelihood, read ahead to know how agriculture apps can help you out!
Agriculture apps and modern machinery replace a highly labor-intensive traditional farming regime. This invasion of agriculture apps is not over yet, as numerous farmers have not realized agriculture apps' significance or are hesitant to use them.
- Transmission of Information: Agriculture apps help quickly disseminate weather news, government policies, schemes, programs, etc.
- Soil Monitoring: Agriculture apps enable the better management of crops and enhance planning for the planting and harvest season.
- Better Land Usage: Agriculture apps help farmers divide their land into polygons to investigate them separately and pin the areas requiring extra attention and work. Besides this, farmers can also quickly locate their specialty crops and pesticide applicators.
- Connectivity With Farmers And Experts: Communication can mean transmitting information, news of disasters, tips and healthy cultivation practices, or any new government policy or scheme. Additionally, farmers can even contact experts to solicit advice on numerous issues via agriculture apps' video streaming and broadcasting features.
- Scheduling: Agriculture apps enable farmers to schedule their farming activities well.
- Alerting: Agriculture apps offer push notifications that alert farmers about new alterations, emergencies, or data.
- Identification of Plant Diseases: Agriculture apps can help farmers identify plant diseases, learn the proper treatment and take care of the plants well after the diagnosis.
- Online Payment: Suppose farmers need to travel to their supplier's place. In that case, they can commute without any cash on them, thus, ensuring their safety.
- Enhanced Usage of Their Equipment: Agriculture apps enhance the way the farmer's equipment works. When combined with drones, agriculture apps help farmers know which areas have healthy and weak crops. Apart from drones, a thermal camera fixed on drones can detect water leakage and determine how much water each crop should get.
- Better Understanding of Their Data (Analytics): Analytics should give insights into resources, crop health, changes in weather conditions, etc.
Agriculture Apps Significance: Transmission of Information
Agriculture apps make farmers' lives easier though there is a long way to go. Farmers now have their hands on previously inaccessible information, thanks to agriculture apps that connect them to the world. Timely, accurate, and reliable advisory from experts also plays a crucial role in producing good produce. And with the rising use of agriculture apps, farmers can quickly know the latest information, policies, trends, demands, and government programs. This information and advice help them make informed decisions, ensuring that their livelihoods stay safe.
Other information that agriculture apps provide farmers are:
- Which pesticide they should use.
- How the government can help farmers grow crops and not starve.
- Farmers also get to know the best way to use their land optimally.
- The new types of farming techniques will help prevent environmental degradation.
- How to avoid or handle situations like barren lands, etc.
Agriculture Apps Significance: Soil Monitoring
Agriculture apps can even help farmers monitor soil conditions in conjunction with the current weather information. This data leads to the better management of crops and enhanced planning for the planting and harvest season.
Moreover, cloud computing technologies in tandem with agriculture apps also provide farmers with the correct information on optimally using fertilizers, seeds, and water. The optimal use of resources saves farmers a lot of money and does not even damage the environment.
Agriculture Apps Significance: Better Land Usage
Agriculture apps even lead to better land usage. They do so by helping farmers do mapping correctly and efficiently. Farmers divide their land into polygons to investigate them separately and pin the areas requiring extra attention and work. This task of dividing the land into polygons has become easier with the inclusion of location-based services in agriculture apps. Besides this, farmers can also quickly locate their specialty crops and pesticide applicators.
Agriculture Apps Significance: Connectivity With Farmers And Experts
Agriculture apps help farmers communicate with one another. Communication can mean transmitting information, news of disasters, tips and healthy cultivation practices, or any new government policy or scheme. It translates into forming a community, thus, strengthening the support that farmers have.
Additionally, farmers can even contact experts to solicit advice on numerous issues via agriculture apps' video streaming and broadcasting features.
There are two ways to get in touch with experts: chatting in real-time or joining live sessions with experts.
Agriculture Apps Significance: Scheduling
Agriculture apps enable farmers to schedule their farming activities well. When activities are well-scheduled, they result in better crop production, which leads to better income for them. Besides them, even others get good-quality food, free from diseases and pests.
Agriculture Apps Future: Alerting
Agriculture apps are valuable tools to alert farmers. Farmers should know which activities demand more attention from them. The only way farmers can get this information is through push notifications. Agriculture apps offer push notifications that alert farmers about new alterations, emergencies, or data.
Farmers can also receive more information when pictures and maps in your reminders accompany push notifications. For this, developers need to make use of rich push notifications.
Identification of Plant Diseases
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence help farmers immensely. Numerous large repositories of databases are present on the internet. You can integrate them into agriculture apps to identify the type of diseases the plant has contracted.
When farmers identify the right cause and disease that the plant has, they can administer the correct medicine to their crops and plants. Also, a situation may arise where the disease that has attacked the plants is unknown to a farmer. But agriculture apps can help farmers identify them, learn the proper treatment and take care of the plants well afterward.
Agriculture apps come with numerous payment gateways. This facility helps farmers keep their money safe. Often, there are chances that someone might rob them of their cash saved at home. But with this facility of online payment, they can keep their money safe in the bank and purchase their equipment safely.
Also, if they need to make payments to suppliers and dealers, they can do it even remotely. Suppose farmers need to travel to their supplier's place. In that case, they can commute without any cash on them, thus, ensuring their safety.
Enhanced Usage of Their Equipment
Agriculture apps enhance the way the farmer's equipment works. When combined with drones, agriculture apps help farmers know which areas have healthy and weak crops. Drone monitoring of crops lets farmers develop required adjustments to combat such situations.
Apart from drones, a thermal camera fixed on drones can detect water leakage and determine how much water each crop should get.
Additionally, drones can even act as a medium to spray pesticides and deliver soil samples to fellow farmers anywhere.
Better Understanding of Their Data (Analytics)
Agriculture apps also have the potential to assist farmers with work processes when integrated with analytics. Analytics should give insights into resources, crop health, changes in weather conditions, etc.
Also, including Analytics in agriculture apps can help developers know how their apps fare, how many people operate the app, and what section of the apps they like the most.
This information can help developers alter it according to market needs.
Agriculture apps have numerous benefits. They help with the modernization of agriculture though there is still a long way to go. These are ways in which agriculture apps have started helping farmers, which every farmer has not adopted. If you are a farmworker, you will benefit from using agriculture apps in the ways mentioned above. Also, this information will help even developers to create well-thought-out agriculture apps.
Farm Journal Media conducted research showing that 59% of farmers use smartphones and 44% use tablets. This indicates that if appropriately created, agriculture apps can increase the company’s profits by increasing its popularity. The popularity will only increase if your agriculture apps are curated to farmers’ needs and they use them.
So if you have decided to launch an agriculture app, contact AppsRhino for assistance!