The use of mobile apps has completely changed the face of user action in today’s world; taxi-booking through these magical icons has become a vital part of our day-to-day lives. There are some essential factors to consider while building a taxi booking app.
So, are you too planning to dive into this burgeoning space and launch a ride-hailing app of your own?
Certainly, a great idea to pursue, considering the enormous opportunity that the lucrative sector holds for all the budding entrepreneurs! The revenue in the ride-sharing segment has been amounting to US$59,678m in 2018 and is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2018-2022) OF 16.3%, resulting in a market volume of U$109,050m by 2022. The meteoric rise of such services, followed by the grand success of Uber, has paved way for so many others, making it a robust developing segment.
Following are some of the key factors to consider while building a taxi booking app –
- Know your market – Before you begin the process of app development, make sure you dig deep into the landscape of the targeted market. Conduct an in-depth market analysis and identify the already existing players in the picture, who might be offering similar services. Study their business model, their unique features, their pricing strategy, etc and then chalk out your unique business model which would help you make your app stand out.
- Stick to simplicity – Keep the layout of the app simple; do not clutter it with too many features, as it would unnecessarily confuse the user. The UX/ UI should be kept neat and impressive, with an aim to make the user’s booking experience as smooth as possible.
- App loading time – Make sure that your app does not take too long to load. Remember, the user is always in a hurry and might not want to wait. Normally, 10-15 seconds is the ideal loading time of each mobile app, beyond which there could be a lack of interest.
- Differentiate your app from others – There are numerous taxi-booking apps available in the market, which already promise speed and efficiency, besides other key offerings. So, how do you plan to make your app visible? Make sure that you introduce a few unique elements in your app, which could be in the form of a new design, new features like free Wifi, pricing, new marketing approach, etc. which would draw the user attention.
- Automated fare calculation – Adopt a fair pricing policy, where the passenger could automatically calculate and view the fare for the entire distance traveled. The passenger must also be provided with multiple payment options to ease the payment process.
- Use of Analytics – A well-designed analytics system is an essential must-have, as it helps you gain insights about your business on a day-to-day basis. You could draw a sense of how your business is performing by being able to view the number of bookings, the source of bookings, and other parameters. The loopholes could well be identified, and the business could be further improved.
- Test for any errors – Before finally launching your app in the market, make sure that you conduct all the necessary trials and testings to ensure an error-free experience post-launch.
Partner with a leading taxi-app development company who has the right set of technology and expertise to make your app shine brightly in the market.
I hope you got all the factors to consider while building a taxi booking app.
AppsRhino offers all kind of solutions regarding the taxi-booking app.