Smartphones and the internet have significantly altered the way people work, their living standards, and consumer expectations. Making an instant appointment at a local spa or salon might be difficult due to tight work schedules. Furthermore, you cannot catch up on the ideal time for services regularly and must wait for the specialists to break free. Several other salons provide specials to attract customers. Nonetheless, consumers waste their valuable time sitting in a crowded and expensive beauty parlor due to a lack of information.
As it always does, technology makes our lives easier. It saves time in several industries, including the beauty sector. With just a smidgeon of cutting-edge technology innovation, a new sustainable business model of on-demand beauty service application development emerges.
The entire business concept intends on providing beauty services to consumers in their homes while also providing beauticians with the opportunity to promote their services and enterprises. The whole food chain is sustainable and helps everyone who is a part of it.
Technology has made our lives easier and more convenient in every industry, including beauty and home services. Technology advancements assist organizations in the on-demand sector in developing a sustainable business model. The beauty and wellness industry is undeniably one of the most prosperous. According to statistics, the average woman spends roughly $3,756 per year on various beauty services. That is a significant sum. An on-demand salon app typically costs $25,000 and $75,000 to develop. There are two types of business models based on which you can make a beauty on-demand app: 1. Dedicated Model 2. Aggregator Model Some must-have features include: 1. In-app calls and chat 2. CRM 3. CMS 4. Navigation 5. Real-time Analytics 6. Push Notifications 7. Mobile wallet integration
![Why are clients gravitating toward on-demand beauty services_.png](https://admin.appsrhino.com/uploads/Why_are_clients_gravitating_toward_on_demand_beauty_services_12b84fba93.png)
Why are clients gravitating toward on-demand beauty services?
- More hygienic — Beauty salons are generally crowded, especially on weekends. Customers can never be too vigilant about their safety in a public location that relies on reusing equipment and supplies. On the other hand, home beauty salons attempt to serve individual consumers in a familiar setting — their own homes.
- Saves time and effort - Instead of scheduling a trip to the salon, customers choose mobile beauty services that users can access with a few clicks on their phone!
- Individual attention — Beauty specialists in a regular salon usually have back-to-back appointments. On the other hand, the consumer is the star of a mobile beauty parlor!
While this appears to be a good alternative for clients, it might also be a good business idea to start.
Salon business models for on-demand beauty apps
The type of beauty service you intend to perform determines your business model. You can start your mobile salon services in two ways.
- Self-owned business — Salon owners who already have a salon can go online and offer salon services from the comfort of their homes. Your consumers may book beauty treatments and enjoy dedicated benefits from the comfort of their own homes with an on-demand beauty app. This on-demand service app concept can raise your salon's visibility while also providing much-needed money.
- Aggregator model — This approach is ideal for entrepreneurs wishing to create a salon business. With an aggregator app, you act as a link between companies that provide on-demand beauty salon services and clients who want to use them. As a beauty business, you can include established salons and other beauty service providers such as hairstylists, tattoo artists, barbers, and independent beauty artists in your app!
Here are three critical lessons to consider while creating a successful salon mobile application:
Provide users with a diverse menu to find all their solutions in one spot.
To create an on-demand beauty service mobile app, you must first evaluate the most specific needs that a user might have from an on-demand online beauty service. When developing an on-demand beauty service app or a salon app, you must specify a diverse menu. The list should include your beauty services, from simple haircuts to manicures and other body renewing treatments.
Our natural impulse is to seek out additional options for the same service. They want to see more bundles and cosmetic treatments even through an online mobile app. As a result, you'll need to incorporate an easy-to-use mobile application structure to navigate from one list to the next quickly.
Plan multiple services based on the day, time, and location.
It is critical to consider your consumer convenience while opting for a programming application for your beauty, Due to their convenience and comparable benefits.
- Ordering or postponing a product or service.
- Choose the time, day, and place that best suits your needs.
- Cancel a last-minute appointment or delivery for a nominal price or none.
- Select your expert service providers wisely.
- Book one or more services on a single day.
Provide a shopping experience for users (e-commerce platform)
Suppose you intend to start a business by developing on-demand beauty service apps. What is the perfect idea for an e-commerce platform for your beauty products?
What if an internet consumer has to buy his product line from any location? They can buy the things they desire whenever they want using their salon's mobile purchasing application. You can provide gift cards and discounts when shopping online from your salon management program as a feature to encourage people to use your mobile cosmetic application.
What Advanced Features Should Your On-Demand Beauty Service App Have?
The features and functionalities offered by an app impact how much of a user base will like the app and how satisfied they will be with the application. The following are some sophisticated features that you can include in your on-demand beauty service app:
- Login & Registration: The app's registration process should not be overly complex or time-consuming. Users anticipate a straightforward sign-up form. Users should also be able to register and log in with their social network accounts.
- Reviews and ratings: This tool, famous for making good decisions, will allow customers to assess the reviews and ratings of any product or beauty professional before purchasing. Customers can also offer feedback on the service they received so that the professionals are aware of it.
- Push Notifications: This feature is critical for keeping consumers up to date and informed. Beauty service providers can send notifications short updates on various advice, discounts, offers, etc. It will also assist in informing professionals about their duties, bookings, etc.
- In-App Chat: Through the app, users should be able to communicate with beauty professionals such as makeup artists, hairdressers, etc. They can clear up any difficulties or doubts about the service you offer.
- In-App Call: Users can use the app to contact beauty professionals for assistance or vice versa. It also ensures that the contact number is private when making in-app calls.
- In-App Navigation: A GPS tracker should be in your on-demand beauty treatment app. Beauty professionals will promptly get to the customer's location by utilizing the optimum route.
- PIP Option Tracking: When users wish to track beauticians in real-time, they can use the picture-in-picture mode.
- SMS Authentication: This feature will serve as a security safeguard in the app to prevent fraud against clients or beauty professionals. Businesses can accomplish this by utilizing an OTP number provided by the consumer and the beautician to assure safety.
- Upload Video Portfolio: This function allows experts to upload any lesson videos to the app to assist customers at home. These films will assist users in determining the appropriate service for them.
- CRM System: An effective customer relationship management (CRM) system will aid in customer management. The admin can use CRM to answer customer queries and issues and provide a better user experience.
- Content Management System: The content management system (CMS) facilitates the management of all app content. Companies, for example, may quickly update information about their spa, services, contact information, open hours, emails, and so on.
- Similarly, the administrator should maintain a fashion blog where they can post articles about the latest fashion trends, best-selling brands, and cosmetics techniques, among other things.
- Real-Time Analytics and Dashboard: Your on-demand beauty service app should integrate with a safe analytics platform. The admin can track data on the app, such as user base, user acquisition rate, retention rate, etc.
- Integration of a Mobile Wallet: Your app should have a conventional payment gateway. Users should be able to pay using any convenient way, such as online payments, plastic cards, net banking, cash on delivery, etc.
- Marketing & Promotional Tools: Marketing is essential if you want your business to thrive. You should promote an on-demand beauty service app via phone calls, text messages, coupons, email, etc. Giving clients exclusive discounts and offers will also assist in attracting more customers.
Implementing clever revenue models is the most excellent approach to making money from an on-demand service app. Some of the monetization tactics you can employ for your app are as follows:
In this situation, the aggregator model will spotlight a few beauty service providers in the app's top segment or advertise them separately to attract the user's attention. The app owner should charge a fee in exchange for this highlighted listing. On-demand beauty service providers frequently use featured listings since they help them generate the most income.
The app manufacturer can charge a commission fee to beauty establishments and professionals that display their services on the app under this scheme. You can levy a commission fee for each confirmed order or appointment. This source has proven to generate a lot of money.
The app owner should include an online beauty shop to generate additional cash. Users of the app will be able to explore the store, purchase beauty products, and book beauty professionals directly from the app. It also contributes to increased customer interaction.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising in an app can generate revenue for app owners. These advertisements may be related to the beauty and fitness industries. The app manufacturer may charge the advertising companies a predetermined price for these adverts.
The cost of producing an on-demand beauty app differs depending on the use case. Your app design and additional app features determine the price for development.
While we cannot provide you with an exact amount, we can give you an estimate of the cost of development. An on-demand salon app typically costs $25,000 and $75,000 to develop.
Investing in an on-demand beauty service app is a wise idea. Whether you're a young entrepreneur hoping to broaden the scope of your brand or a beauty store owner looking to develop your business online, it's a great concept.
Consumers benefit greatly from on-demand beauty apps because they no longer worry about timings. Moreover, they get better prices and offers from beauty salons and spas.
If you are looking to start an on-demand beauty service of your own, AppsRhino is your one-stop solution. Contact us and get insights into the business.