Are you looking for the best Food Delivery service in the market? Which Food Delivery service should you prefer? Two Food Delivery services hold the top positions in the market, Uber Eats, and Doordash. Now, which one to choose?
Both Uber Eats and DoorDash Delivery Service allow customers to place orders with the local restaurants via their website or mobile application. After ordering, customers can sit back and relax till that particular food delivery service brings their food to their doorstep!
If you do not feel like cooking or are having a party, Food Delivery services have your back. Now, to choose between Uber Eats and Doordash read through the blog below.
Uber was initially just a ride-providing service for customers across several countries.
- In August 2014, Uber launched Uber Fresh in Santa Monica, California.
- In 2015, there was an update in the name of Uber Fresh. The new name was Uber Eats.
- Further, there was an expansion span for Uber Eats. The business had grown to reach more cities.
- From the Uber App, customers can switch between ride and food services. There is also a separate app for Uber Eats. Slowly, Uber Eats reached from the 4th to 2nd position on the App Store and remains the first choice of users when they have to order food instantly.
DoorDash Delivery Service holds the first position on the AppStore. Though DoorDash earns less revenue than Uber Eats, it is a success in the local market.
- DoorDash was founded in 2013 by four friends who wanted to build an app for a small business that could satisfy people's needs.
- In 2018, DoorDash collaborated with Walmart.
- Today, the DoorDash Delivery service covers 20 markets in Canada and USA. Many factors are responsible for the success of any service. Both Uber Eats and DoorDash have made their place in the market successfully. But since you are still in the middle of a dilemma, let's look at the vital features, services, and revenue models for these Food Delivery Services. And let's find out which one's the better and faster!
Uber Eats or DoorDash? - A war to become the supreme power
It is almost magical how you can order food sitting at your home without worrying about making it or picking it up yourself from a restaurant. There are basic similarities that all food delivery services such as Uber Eats and DoorDash follow. These include
- Both these services provide on-demand services to their customers.
- These act as middlemen between the customer and the restaurant.
- Food Delivery Services are accessible online (websites) or via mobile applications.
- Both Uber Eats and DoorDash are available on Android and iOS platforms.
- Food Delivery Services hire drivers to deliver food to the customer's doorstep.
- They show estimated delivery time.
- They offer various payment methods for the ease of their customers.
Both Uber Eats Delivery service and DoorDash follow similar business models. The largest consumers of these Food Delivery Services are in the USA and Canada. People first get to select a restaurant, choose from the menu options, and finally order their food.
After this, you get your delivery at your door. You can either opt for cash-on-delivery or make an online payment.
Advantages UberEats has over DoorDash:
Availability in cities across the world
DoorDash may not have been able to reach beyond US and Canada. Its market lies there. But Uber Eats has scaled up its business to other countries and regions. Uber Eats started their Food-delivery business in California. But, the company has been growing and has reached millions of customers across the globe.
Due to the number of customers that Uber Eats has built in the market over time, Uber Delivery Service gets good reviews over the internet. Even in person, people recommend Uber Eats to each other.
With Uber Eats, customers do not have to pay the credit card processing fee for restaurants. The customers only pay for their food and the delivery charges of Uber Eats. Since customers do not want to pay the extra cost, this has become a downside for DoorDash.
Uber Eats Delivery service has partnerships with restaurants like Papa Johns, Mc Donald's, etc.
Advantages Doordash has over UberEats:
No Minimum Order Amount
DoorDash lets you order food without worrying about the minimum order limit, unlike UberEats, which is very particular about minimum order limits. So, if you are ordering just for yourself, DoorDash might seem a better option.
DoorDash has been in the market longer than Uber Eats, which gives the former an edge in reviews. DoorDash holds first in the Food Delivery Services on AppStore (4.8 out of 5).
**Alcohol Delivery **
Doordash has an Alcohol Delivery permit and can deliver alcoholic drinks with food. People usually prefer DoorDash if they want Alcohol delivered to their doorstep. According to a study, most Americans prefer having alcohol with or after their food. And if they are getting an app that sells them alcohol along with food, why would they deny it?
Doordash has a partnership with Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Cheesecake factory, etc.
Uber Eats comes out to be a little bit more expensive than DoorDash. You have to keep in mind that factors are involved that determine the pricing of every service. These factors are
- Rush hours
- Distance of the restaurant from the delivery location
- Availability of the driver
- Service charges
- Restaurant opening and closing time While ordering from DoorDash costs you 99 cents to $7.99 on average, you have to pay around $2 to $8 for the same food item from Uber Eats Delivery Service.
Also, Uber Eats does not charge a service fee to its customers. The cost of the food you order depends on the food item, delivery charges, and tax. DoorDash charges a service from its customers. This fee rate increases at peak hours like lunch and dinner.
If your order hasn't shown up on the door, you'll want to know why. And what if you aren't satisfied with the food or service?
Both Uber Eats and DoorDash offer customer support to their users but in different ways. DoorDash Delivery Service offers support to its customers through a chat app available on its website. You can message DoorDash, and the support team will contact you. DoorDash also provides a number for its users, restaurants, and dashers. You can reach out to the DoorDash team when you need urgent help.
Uber Eats is available to its customers 24*7 through a customer support line. You can directly contact customer support or your driver during food delivery.
UberEats Delivery Service supports a larger ratio of restaurants. As per statistics and reports, Uber supports approximately 750,000 restaurants. (Source- www.protocol. com). DoorDash is just at its start and supports 390,000 restaurants.
More restaurants lead to more options for the customers and may result in instant delivery. No matter where you are, you can choose from restaurants near you, and voila, your food will be there. Thus, UberEats leads DoorDash in the restaurant domain.
Even during the pandemic, both Uber Eats and DoorDash have thrived. They have proven to the market and have given the best possible services to their consumers. UberEats supports a higher number of restaurants than Uber eats and has more food chains across the market. It has built a lot of trusting customers by providing good food options and excellent customer support. Since Uber Eats has a minimum order limit, you may prefer ordering food for a large group from it.
In contrast, DoorDash has the highest rank on AppStore. Customers love DoorDash and are satisfied with its services. Doordash offers alcohol delivery which becomes a massive benefit for this food delivery service. DoorDash also gets an edge over UberEats based on alcohol delivery. Besides that, DoorDash has no minimum order value! You can always prefer DoorDash if you are ordering for yourself.
Considering the speed of delivery for both Uber Eats and DoorDash, it all depends on the rush hours, location of the restaurant, and other factors. You shall be choosing your Food Delivery service based on your requirement. It never hurts to check prices and delivery time on both apps and then place an order.
Are you looking for the Best Food Delivery Service? Create your own! With the help of AppsRhino, you can make your own Food Delivery Service app, collaborate with restaurants, and provide order and delivery services to your clients and customers. Contact our team and create your app today!!