Do you know what spoils one's mood the most? Chances are, you know what I am talking about. We all have been its victims at some point in our lives. No one has been able to elude the last-minute ailments.
Last-minute ailments can range from minor to major ones. Although you have no other option than to go to the hospital when faced with significant diseases, there is one in the case of the former. You can treat the minor ones from the comfort of your home with the help of the Teladoc App. It is a telehealth service that operates in Canada and the United States of America and connects patients and doctors. This service lets users conduct consultations through phone and video calls.
Teladoc connects patients with many experts; it offers access to a network of more than 55000 physicians in all 50 states and 450 medical subspecialties. These experts are eligible to treat non-emergency cases in 5 different categories. If you are curious about how to use the said app, read this blog to find out making the most out of Teladoc in 7 easy steps!
What is Teladoc health?
If you ask anyone to explain Teladoc health, the simple yet complete definition is that it is a telehealth service currently operating in Canada and the United States of America. This service acts as a bridge between patients and doctors by giving them a platform on which they can connect. And patients who use this service get in touch with their doctors through phone and video calls.
Its parent company is Teladoc Health, Inc, which manages several virtual health providers across 130 countries.
The fee that one needs to pay depends on one's employer, health plan, or insurer. One can access the following services using the app:
- Children and Family
- Wellness and Prevention
- Mental health services
- Everyday care
- Medical Experts
How does Teladoc work?
It works as follows:
- Users need to sign up with Teladoc.
- Once users sign up on the app, they can browse all the available services with their respective charges.
- Individual service expenses depend on your employer, insurance, and health plan. Moreover, the prices in various reviews are not exact as they vary based on the previously mentioned parameters.
- In some cases, users end up paying less than the quoted amount. The reason is that their plan/ health insurance covers the said service. Thus, you can expect to pay a small fee if your health insurance/ plan covers a large proportion.
This service works with numerous employers, health plans, and insurance companies. Due to this, patients must submit this information when they visit the official website to sign up. Submitting this information helps it determine which services are covered for that patient and their co-pay.
Patients can also submit HSA and FSA payments if they want to, as the service in the discussion also accepts these payments.
How much is a Teladoc visit?
If you want to give it a try but do not know how much the service cost, we will tell you the cost of using this service below:
- The cost of mental health visits depends on the patient's details.
- The cost of dermatology reviews varies with patients' details.
- Patients need to pay 75 dollars for general medical consultations.
The fee you need to pay for accessing services via the Teladoc app varies with your insurance plans and the services you need. If you want to view the specific costs of these treatments, you can sign up for a Teladoc account and submit your insurance plan.
Now let us explore how much the different services on the platform cost patients.
The Teladoc app provides people with general medical care for which patients without insurance need to pay 75 dollars. On the other hand, those with insurance pay anything from $0 and up. The Teladoc app also accepts HSA and FSA accounts.
The non-emergency conditions for which patients can get 24/7 services are:
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat
- Allergy symptoms
Your health plans and employers may provide Teladoc coverage, varying the price of this type of Teladoc therapy according to your insurance plan.
Primary360 is how you can contact a primary care doctor and communicate your issue with them via phone and video calls. This service also allows patients to forge relationships with a doctor and access check-ups and routine care for their chronic conditions.
Mental health therapies range from 0 to 99 dollars, and patients need to pay approximately 0 to 299 dollars for their first psychiatry consultation. After the first psychiatry visit, patients can get insurance and start paying from $0 to $119 for their subsequent sessions.
You can get treatment for the following problems:
- Relationship conflicts
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Substance use disorders
Specialists and Expert Opinion
The cost of seeking a specialist and Expert opinions depends on your insurance type. Thus, users must check their plans to determine which services and health plans their employers cover.
When you opt for specialist and Expert opinion services, you get access to more than 50000 licensed healthcare professionals across 450 specialties. Following are a few of these specialties:
- Pain Management
Teladoc also provides Wellness Care. However, its charges depend on your chosen service and insurance coverage. This category of Teladoc health service accepts insurance. You can also submit HSA and FSA payments as the service considers them eligible.
Wellness Care includes the following:
- Quitting smoking
- Sexual Health
- Neck and back care
How Can You Make the Most Out of Teladoc in 7 Easy Steps?
Here we will tell you how you can use the Teladoc health app in seven easy steps:
- You must download the app and make your account to get started.
- Search for the doctors who treat the issues you are facing now. Select the one you want to get treated by from the list of doctors you get.
- Before participating in the online consultation, ensure that you have a strong signal on your phone (or any other device you use).
- Open the Teladoc app and select 'Request A Visit.' Once you are through this step, the app will ask you, "Who needs help?". Here, you should select Who needs help and proceed.
- Now, you will see two options: "Video Call" and "Phone Call." If you want to go for a video call, select the former and choose the preferred time of your visit.
- After selecting your call mode and preferred time, you must fill out the reason for your visit. Also, you should upload any pictures if required.
- The last step requires you to choose a pharmacy where Teladoc can send your prescriptions (if needed). In the end, confirm the information you have provided and submit it after checking.
Now you are all set for your visit. All you have to do is click on Join Waiting Room.
A few other things you need to know as a patient are as follows:
- You will receive a notification when your visit is about to start, either via text or email (If you choose to receive one).
- If you have a visit in a few minutes, you should open the Teladoc app at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
- You can check the status while you are in the waiting room. The status will change when a doctor reviews your health information before your visit.
- You can contact them through their helpline number if you have any technical issues.
- Once your visit ends, you will receive a summary of your Teladoc visit, including follow-up information and relevant prescriptions.
- Also, after your visit is over, you will receive a survey. The survey aims to help Teladoc improve its services and the app's features by seeking feedback from its patients.
How does Teladoc make money?
Teladoc earns money in two ways: Visit fees and Subscription access fees. The platform charges employees, beneficiaries, and dependents a subscription fee. At the same time, clients or members need to pay visit fees.
Have you decided to start using Teladoc to fight all your unwanted ailments? I am sure you have decided to use it to get in touch with reliable doctors from the comfort of your homes.
Today when new viruses and diseases surface now and then, one needs to arrange for safer ways to get their basic activities done. And one such basic need is to get a doctor whenever you are taken ill. With this app, you will have access to over 55000 physicians in all 50 states along with 450 medical subspecialties who are capable of treating non-emergency cases in the five already discussed categories.
Thus, if you are in the United States of America, you can easily use the app and get in touch with doctors at the earliest. This app serves around 50 million people nationwide, and you can also be one of them if you want.
Do you have a similar idea and you want to launch an app like the Teladoc health app and reap profits? If yes, come to AppsRhino to get an excellent app for your venture!