Sriharsha Majety and Nandan Reddy founded India's most popular online food ordering and delivery platform, Swiggy, in July 2014. Swiggy has its headquarters located in Bangalore, and it currently operates in 500 Indian cities as of September 2021.
The reason why people love Swiggy is that it brings groceries home along with food. People can use Swiggy to order food as well as grocery. People need to use Instamart, the name Swiggy uses to deliver groceries. Besides food and groceries, one can also benefit from Swiggy Genie, Swiggy's instant package delivery service.
Also, between March and July 2020, Swiggy saw the most placed orders for Chicken Biryani. This Indian food delivery platform Swiggy had over 550 thousand orders for Chicken Biryani. The other popularly ordered dishes were butter naan and masala dosa.
Since people use Swiggy for ordering groceries and food items, they need to know where it falls short and where it excels. This blog discusses Swiggy's pros and cons. Or you can call it a Swiggy Review.
Swiggy was initially an e-commerce website called Bundl to streamline courier service. Its services came to a halt in India, and it got rebranded so that it could enter the food delivery market. Swiggy revolutionized the world of food delivery when the food delivery sector was shaky. Foodpanda, TinyOwl, and Ola Cafe were all struggling when Majety and Reddy approached Rahul Jaimi (Formely associated with Myntra) and established Swiggy and its parent holding company Bundl Technologies in the year 2013. The company created a dedicated delivery network and increased, mainly by focusing on logistics and locking in critical resources.
Let us have a look at Swiggy's strengths. These points also qualify for Swiggy Pros.
Swiggy is well known for its swift delivery service. Developers created Swiggy carefully so that it accepts orders from people based on their locations. Then the ordered food item is taken from the nearest hotel to the consumers. The consumers would get the hotels near them in their interfaces. Thus, Swiggy efficiently processes the orders for everyone with the help of this model.
Neat User Interface
Swiggy has kept an incredible interface to take their orders for consumers to view comfortably. People find Swiggy's interface neatly arranged, and hotels are listed neatly. Also, restaurants' menus and rates can be viewed by clicking on the hotel. Thus, consumers select their preferred hotel and food items. Also, Swiggy's gateways are basic and straightforward, and all the valid offers for which consumers are eligible are listed.
Once the consumer selects the items and offers, the payment process initiates and completes the transaction. Moreover, they can check the live updates on their orders.
Swiggy boasts its trained employees who act as its strength. Both the front and the back-end teams are well-trained and bring the service to the consumers.
Another strength of Swiggy is its wide range of eateries. Users benefit from Swiggy as it provides numerous selections of eateries at a nearby location. Also, Swiggy furnishes customers with an extensive menu available at those eateries. The good point here is that Swiggy lets users find eateries based on their preferences.
Swiggy provides food to its consumers with a neat pack. In addition to it, Swiggy maintains the hygiene part well.
Let us now read about Swiggy's Weaknesses. These points also qualify for Swiggy Cons.
Targets Zonal Restaurants
As we read above, Swiggy is quick in delivering orders to customers. The reason for this is that Swiggy only takes orders from the restaurants situated within the zone of the consumers. Even though it helps them achieve fast delivery, it limits their catering to people's requirements. Numerous Competitors increase consumer requirements and expand to more restaurants, even those not present in their vicinity.
Increase in Brand Name
Swiggy can focus more on branding and create more marketing strategies to have the right brand image.
Swiggy incurs some delivery and packing charges from the buyer, wherein the total bill amount would grow. So this is a significant weakness for the brand because some consumers might hesitate to order through Swiggy as it might cost an additional charge.
Despite these weaknesses, Swiggy has potential, and some of these potentials are as follows. One can also deem these Swiggy's opportunities.
Innovator of this Idea
Swiggy will always be the first online platform for food delivery and the one to get this service to the market. Swiggy is the first to show new ways of delivering food and see more opportunities to serve the consumers.
Swiggy has a vast opportunity in the market as there are numerous potential consumers. Swiggy has many people and is likely to increase so that it would profit the brand. When consumers increase, the brand also grows.
Increase in Market Share
Swiggy can improve its position by demonstrating its place more in the market. It can put more effort into marketing and generate more consumers than its competitors. Using Omnipresence platforms, a brand can accomplish many things with minimal effort and consistency.
It would be better if Swiggy found ways to integrate more services into its operations and cut down on the delivery charges to have more consumers flowing in.
Swiggy has introduced Swiggy Super to attract people, increase its business and boost revenues. Let us read about what Swiggy is and the pros and cons of Swiggy Super.
What Is Swiggy Super?
Swiggy Super is a paid subscription plan that benefits consumers by delivering food items free, without surcharge, and Swiggy Delight. Swiggy Super comes in two plans. One plan is a 1-month plan, and the other is a 3-month plan. The 1-month plan charges 99-149 rupees, and the 3-month plan ranges from 249, which varies among cities.
Pros of Swiggy or Swiggy super.
- The significant pro of Swiggy Super is that it delivers free delivery to its consumers. The buyer can enjoy this advantage during the entirety of the subscription.
- Swiggy Super has no surcharge for its clients. Swiggy super does not charge for delivery during high demand or rainy days.
- Swiggy also offers Swiggy Surprise, in which consumers can order deserts or any other small treat with every order they place.
- Swiggy super users get prioritized with a dedicated customer care team to help them with any difficulty they face.
Cons Of Swiggy or Swiggy Super:
- Swiggy only gives free delivery with no surcharge when the order value surpasses 99 rupees.
- Swiggy Surprise is yet not launched, and there are no deserts or free treats for the Swiggy Super customers.
- Swiggy Super is present only in top cities like Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Gurugram, and Bengaluru. Thus this service is not available to all its consumers.
- The price range of Swiggy super subscription differs in different cities.
- The market is full of numerous food delivery platforms, which divides the customer base. Different people prefer different platforms. Thus, Swiggy should focus on customers as the presence of many competitors means a threat to the brand. When there are fewer consumers, it would be tough to boost their sales, which would affect their profit.
- Swiggy has several rivals who are small-scale businesses. When new competitions arise, they will offer new offers, and at times individuals might tend to switch to the new brand. So, contemporary and emerging food delivery platforms threaten Swiggy, and Swiggy needs to devise something to combat them.
- Increase in Health-Conscious People: Nowadays, everyone has become more health-conscious and prefers less outside food. Individuals would hesitate to order food online without considering the restaurant's location and cleanliness. It means Swiggy should focus on creating a brand image that says Swiggy's food is safe to consume. Moreover, the cooking methods align with the hygiene preferences of consumers.
Swiggy has both pros and cons in its functioning, and there are a few things that it can work on to provide a better experience. The problem with Swiggy Super is that it is available only in a few cities, which can be a big turn-off for some users. However, its quick delivery and neat interface make up for Swiggy Super's unavailability. If you want to launch an app like Swiggy, Contact AppsRhino today! AppsRhino is a professional app development company with diverse expertise in on-demand apps.